The ability to create and / or validate content for MathVers.org implies assuming responsibility for the behavior that takes place during the use of the services provided. The following must be stated upon registration but also applies to non-registered users.
You agree not to publish, not to send e-mail, not to make available any content, and not to behave in such a way, that
- infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- cause spamming, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, constitute advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these conduct rules, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- is harmful to minors in any way;
- is hateful or discriminatory based on “race”, “color”, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- tends to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this site without authorization;
- interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of this site or prevent others from using this site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this site;
- uses any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this site or the content contained therein;
- facilitates the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this site or to users;
- constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to
- “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this site or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this site for the purposes of automating logins to this site;
- post any content containing child pornography to this site;
- post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this site — except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the site’s infrastructure;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this site;
- use this site as a generic file hosting service;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this site or for using it for purposes unrelated to this site);
- develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this site.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this site to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these conduct rules inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our site platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these conduct rules.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by using services provided by this site you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the site administrator and such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this site and your use of this site.