All content on the site except for the section Learners' circle is fully visible, without restriction, by anyone interested to make use of the material. Registration is needed for those who want to contribute by writing articles (in accordance with Authoring rules), or for those who want to use the educational tools provided: it is a procedure initiated on voluntary basis and reserved to adults or minors who are at least 14 years. Minors can access the registration service only when they activate the profile of student indicating a teacher already registered. Upon registration the user must declare the possession of registration requirements, acceptance of conduct rules, of the conditions governing personal data protection, of authoring rules, and those relating to copyright.
Table columns indicate the areas for which registration profiles are available, while rows show the different profiles that can be activated for each area: those who intend to register must specify for each area the type of profile to be activated, and then provide the necessary data.
Characteristics of profiles
Concerning content authoring, researchers and artists can only propose articles for publication and edit own articles: the publication will be approved and effected by competent moderators, who can create contents too.
Concerning the education section, students can attend predisposed courses, tutors can only observe progresso of students of whom they are responsible by inspecting outcomes of tests they sustain, teachers can group their students into classes, observe their progress and administer the dedicated services of chat and forums, deans can observe progress of students assigned to their teachers. Furthermore, using the appropriate contact form teachers may propose the publication of new courses, which will be made available only if deemed valid and if the available resources will be sufficient.
The site administrator has the capabilities associated to all the profiles.
Registration requires the provision of suitable data, dependent on the chosen profile, pointed out below. All profiles require specifying name, surname, email address and choosing a username, furthermore
- moderators must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity. This is to ensure the quality of their contribution of article validation.
- deans must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity.
- teachers must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity.
- students which are not self-learners must provide full name of their teacher, that must be a registered user.
- tutors must provide full name of students of whom they are responsible, that must be a registered user.
After a suitable control of the validity of the information provided, including email address, users will be registered and will receive a further email confirming their registration.
Once registered, deans (teachers, respectively) may provide for the simultaneous registration of more teachers (students respectively) by sending, via the appropriate contact form, the list of necessary data. Teachers (students respectively) which will verify the validity of the email address will be registered with the site.
WARNING: after a year of inactivity, the login credentials will be deleted and the registration canceled.