REGISTER AND CONTRIBUTE
Cookies are small text files, sent to the user by the websites visited, which are stored in the computer's hard drive, allowing the website to recognize users and store certain information about them, to enable or improve service. There are different types of cookies: some are necessary to navigate the site, some are used to ensure internal security, to administer the system, to perform statistical analysis, to understand what are the sections of the site that are more relevant to users, or to offer them a personalized fruition. MathVerse.org uses only technical cookies, not profiling ones.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over a network or to the extent strictly necessary to enable the delivery of a service requested by a user: they are not used for other purposes and they are typically installed by the website administrator. They can be divided into navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or to authenticate in order to access restricted areas); analytical cookies — similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site administrator to collect information in aggregate form — are used to know the number of users and how they visit the site; functional cookies, that allow the user navigation on the basis of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Site and prevent your to fully benefit from features and services of the Site. To help you decide which cookies to accept and which to reject, it is shown below a description of those used on the Site.
Types of cookies
First-party cookies (i.e. cookies that belong to the site) are set by the website visited by the user, whose address appears in the URL field. The use of such cookies allows it to run the site efficiently and to track behavioral patterns of visitors.
The third-party cookies are set by a domain different from that visited by the user and are related to the use, in the site, of services managed by others.
Session cookies are stored temporarily and are deleted when the user closes the browser. If the user is registered with the site, for example, this type of cookie allow to identify him during navigation, in order to decide whether or not to make available certain services on the basis of his registration profile.
Persistent cookies are stored on the user device to last for a predetermined amount of time, even if the navigation session is closed, allowing to remember his preferences or user actions also in subsequent sessions.
These cookies are necessary for the operation of the site and without their use certain services, for example access to protected areas, would not be guaranteed. These cookies do not collect information for marketing purposes and should not be disabled.
These cookies are used to recognize the user when he returns to visit the site, allowing to customize the content and remember his preferences (for example, the selected language). They are anonymous, that is, do not collect information that can identify the user.
Cookies used by MathVerse.org
Following are the cookies used on MathVerse.org with their descriptions and functionality, including the time duration.
|1||Setting for the user language||Session|
|2||Public key for the exclusion of robot from access to site’s registration service||Session|
|3||Public key for the login service with two phases authentication||Session|
|4||User confirmation of reads the communication on cookies||
Persistent: 7 days
Besides these cookies directly managed by MathVerse.org, the site makes use of the services offered by MathJax.orgTM for displaying mathematical formulas written in language LATEX: such a site uses four cookies whose contents are not managed or known by MathVerse.org.
How to change the settings on cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can modify the settings to disable this feature: it is possible to block all types of cookies, or to accept to receive only some and disable the others. Section Options (or Preferences) in the browser’s menu allows to avoid receiving cookies and other tracking technologies, and to define how the browser alerts the user about activation of such technologies. Alternatively, you can also consult the Help section of the toolbar present in most browsers.
By clicking below the name of the browser you can get information about their settings for cookies:
For mobile devices:
To learn more about cookies and to manage preferences about cookies (first and / or third party) users are invited to visit the platform Your Online Choices. However, please note that disabling navigation or functional cookies can cause malfunction of MathVerse.org and / or limit the services offered.
Site registration requires you to submit personal informations needed to grant the quality of services offered to users.
Storage of personal data
Data provided during registration are stored only on the server of the site, which is regularly backed up to limit the risk of loss.
Processing of personal data
The information provided is used in order to allow access to services for the creation and validation of site content, in particular e-mail address and institutional website address are used to check that the identity of the registrant corresponds to the stated one. The email address will be used for service communications such as registration, change of profile according to request, the registration expiration warning, successful publication of an article, ... The only data that will be published are the username, compulsorily used to sign articles and their publication, and those that the user decides to make public.
Security of personal data
MathVerse.org uses a secure SSL connection: all data exchanged is encrypted so that no one is able to read them. We also use virus and spam filters and, more generally, all available means to prevent attacks on its integrity, but we can not provide full warranty in this regard. In any case the user is responsible for the secrecy of his login details and legally liable if it is established that any attack on the site was carried out using his credentials.
Changing of profiles
Users can send the appropriate form to request a change of their registered profiles: transition to a profile with greater responsibility will require the provision of information concerning validation, and will be activated only in case of success of the authentication process. Switch to a profile of less responsibility will be granted automatically only for the profiles of researcher, moderator, tutor, while for the other profiles a confirmation will be required in view of what follows.
- Removal from student profile involves the cancellation of the registration for the corresponding tutors.
- Removal from teacher profile involves the cancellation of the registration for the corresponding students.
- Removal from dean profile involves the cancellation of the registration for the corresponding teachers and students.
Each user is free to decide at any time the cancellation of his data in accordance with the above: he must notify his decision using the appropriate form and, on receipt of confirmation, his registration will no more be valid.
Changing of conditions
It may happen that it is necessary to modify the conditions of personal data protection: this will happen by unilateral decision of the administrator of MathVerse.org, it will be immediately notified to all users who will have to decide, in the light of changes, whether to keep registration or cancel it.
The ability to create and / or validate content for MathVers.org implies assuming responsibility for the behavior that takes place during the use of the services provided. The following must be stated upon registration but also applies to non-registered users.
You agree not to publish, not to send e-mail, not to make available any content, and not to behave in such a way, that
- infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- cause spamming, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, constitute advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these conduct rules, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- is harmful to minors in any way;
- is hateful or discriminatory based on “race”, “color”, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- tends to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this site without authorization;
- interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of this site or prevent others from using this site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this site;
- uses any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this site or the content contained therein;
- facilitates the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this site or to users;
- constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to
- “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this site or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this site for the purposes of automating logins to this site;
- post any content containing child pornography to this site;
- post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this site — except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the site’s infrastructure;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this site;
- use this site as a generic file hosting service;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this site or for using it for purposes unrelated to this site);
- develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this site.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this site to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these conduct rules inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our site platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these conduct rules.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by using services provided by this site you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the site administrator and such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this site and your use of this site.
All content on the site except for the section Learners' circle is fully visible, without restriction, by anyone interested to make use of the material. Registration is needed for those who want to contribute by writing articles (in accordance with Authoring rules), or for those who want to use the educational tools provided: it is a procedure initiated on voluntary basis and reserved to adults or minors who are at least 14 years. Minors can access the registration service only when they activate the profile of student indicating a teacher already registered. Upon registration the user must declare the possession of registration requirements, acceptance of conduct rules, of the conditions governing personal data protection, of authoring rules, and those relating to copyright.
Table columns indicate the areas for which registration profiles are available, while rows show the different profiles that can be activated for each area: those who intend to register must specify for each area the type of profile to be activated, and then provide the necessary data.
Characteristics of profiles
Concerning content authoring, researchers and artists can only propose articles for publication and edit own articles: the publication will be approved and effected by competent moderators, who can create contents too.
Concerning the education section, students can attend predisposed courses, tutors can only observe progresso of students of whom they are responsible by inspecting outcomes of tests they sustain, teachers can group their students into classes, observe their progress and administer the dedicated services of chat and forums, deans can observe progress of students assigned to their teachers. Furthermore, using the appropriate contact form teachers may propose the publication of new courses, which will be made available only if deemed valid and if the available resources will be sufficient.
The site administrator has the capabilities associated to all the profiles.
Registration requires the provision of suitable data, dependent on the chosen profile, pointed out below. All profiles require specifying name, surname, email address and choosing a username, furthermore
- moderators must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity. This is to ensure the quality of their contribution of article validation.
- deans must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity.
- teachers must provide an institutional emailing address and specify the address of the website of the institution for which they work, so as to allow control of the the truthfulness of their identity.
- students which are not self-learners must provide full name of their teacher, that must be a registered user.
- tutors must provide full name of students of whom they are responsible, that must be a registered user.
After a suitable control of the validity of the information provided, including email address, users will be registered and will receive a further email confirming their registration.
Once registered, deans (teachers, respectively) may provide for the simultaneous registration of more teachers (students respectively) by sending, via the appropriate contact form, the list of necessary data. Teachers (students respectively) which will verify the validity of the email address will be registered with the site.
WARNING: after a year of inactivity, the login credentials will be deleted and the registration canceled.